Winter Safety with Cash Oil Co.
Winter is coming! Although this season brings holiday cheer and fun outdoor activities like building snowmen and creating snow angels, severe weather conditions can wreak havoc on your home. Here are a few tips from your friends at Cash Oil to keep your home safe this year:
- Tip #1: Make sure your home has enough heating oil - We provide you with high-quality heating oil, as well as same- or next- day deliveries so that you and your family can stay warm all year.
- Tip #2: Schedule a heating tune-up – Increase your home’s heating efficiency and save up to 10% on your annual energy bill when you have your heating system tuned-up.
- Tip #3: Insulate your pipes – This helps prevent heat loss and reduces the chance of your lines freezing and pipes cracking.
- Tip #4: Check your carbon monoxide detectors – Carbon monoxide is an odorless and colorless gas, that can be produced if your heating system is not working properly. At dangerous levels, carbon monoxide poisoning can cause symptoms including nausea, fainting and vomiting. Untreated, CO poisoning can be fatal. Keep your family and home safe by ensuring your carbon monoxide detectors are working properly.
- Tip #5: Seal the gaps in your doors and windows – Add weatherstripping around your doors and caulk your windows to help keep the warm air inside your home and prevent drafts.
For more information on our service area or to request a delivery, click here. We’re ready to help you have a safe winter season.